Changes

Monday, March 12, 2012

A mostly uneventful week

So first, I must divulge that I haven't had a day off in over 2 weeks. I am beginning to get a bit delirious. I won't have a day off for at least another 4 days. That day off won't actually be a day off either, as I will be going to help a friend clean her house, and it will be sandwiched between 16-20 hour work days on either side.
My weekly visit with the girls was cancelled because the girls were sick. Keep in mind they have been sick for 3 weeks running (haha, running noses... am I the only one laughing?), but my mom is feeling like she isn't in control at the moment, so she thought it necessary to flex her muscles of manipulation. We are supposed to get make-up time, but it probably won't happen because CPS just doesn't have the resources to devote to extras, and God forbid they actually give us level 2 visitation like they did for the sex offender... oh sorry, bitterness creeping out. Back to the point. She sent me an email today saying that she is sending back most of the clothes that I sent to her for the kids because she just doesn't have the space for them. This after she complained that she didn't have enough clothing for them because the foster parents supposedly kept all of it. Granted, the FP's were really disorganized and didn't send everything over, but that's beside the point. She later complained to the court advocate that I sent too much out of spite and in order to be vindictive. This can be a bit confusing. This week, she intends to take my 6 yr old out of state to Montana with her under the premise that the boys miss each other too much to be separated. She presumptively asserted permission to take my son out of the state, which I have not granted, but it doesn't seem that anyone cares about that. My rights are walked upon at every turn.
Well, I don't remember where I was going with this, because my dear friends are surrounding me and making me laugh. I know I intended to tell about my week, but now I don't remember anything about it!
Oh yes, I recall one thing. My husband, who has graciously forgiven my transgressions, and I have applied for an apartment in town. I am so excited to get electricity and plumbing again! We found a very inexpensive apartment in an area known locally as Little Beirut or Little Mexico. So to give you an idea, the area is terrible, but it's cheap and it's close enough to our property so that we can leave the dogs out there and NOT in a nice apartment that we have to pay a deposit on. The property management company requires a deposit in advance and background checks, which I find unique. My husband's felony record notwithstanding, we think we have a decent chance of getting the place, but until tomorrow, we wait anxiously for the response. The apartment is large for a 2 bedroom apartment, approximately 700 square feet. It has 4 large closets, a wide galley kitchen, separate dining area, living room, laundry room, full bathroom, and 2 big bedrooms, one of which has a balcony facing west. It has windows on 3 sides and is an upstairs apartment, so we are less concerned with security than if we had a main floor condo. The steps are treacherous, composite concrete with rock and missing large parts. I am just excited to get a place of our own. I have never in my life gotten a place with someone that wasn't mine or his before it was ours. This will be 'ours' and he will move us in, unpack, organize, arrange, decorate and hopefully keep it clean while I'm working.
We are working on starting our business venture. I'm excited about it, but I'm concerned that with our impending move to another state, how will I leave it? Can I sell it? Should I dissolve it? Maybe leave it with a friend who needs a supplemental income? Any ideas are welcome.

2 comments:

Martha A. said...

That is exciting!!! Did you get this?

Ruth said...

Yes, we got an apartment, in a nice area. It's a little more expensive, and the property managers are very strict about very strange things.