Thursday marked another visit day with my sons. They were happy to see me as usual, and I have missed them terribly. My 12 yr old is learning to play the baritone. He has been at it for 2 days at this point and already has the notes memorized and is playing songs. He is such a brilliant kid that I'm not surprised by this, and he is obviously quite proud as he can't put it down. The social worker isn't as enthusiastic because she's in an office building where the other tenants may not like the noise. I don't discourage his endeavor. Since the social worker seeks to find something negative to say about me at every visit, I figure this will be one of the things she will report on. My 6 yr old is not as giggly as usual, but insists upon playing poke-fu with me. I play back. We talk about school, subjects they're studying, what they like, don't like, etc. I love my visits with them! They give me shoe & clothes sizes, since the foster parents, who bought clothing for them, kept all of it when the kids moved to my mom's house.
The next day was my visit with the girls. Side note: I had to work both mornings and move fast to get to the visits on time. We always bring food, and the social worker insists that fast food is bad if it's from a chain restaurant, but fast food from a grocery store is fine. I think it's gross because it isn't made fresh, it sits there all day and goes stale by the time I get to it. At least it's the same price.
So the visit with the girls comes around, and the girls are bouncing off the walls. They adore the therapist who comes to work with one of them and get giggly. One girl strips off her clothes and runs around jumping on furniture while giggling uncontrollably. The therapist explains that this is normal for us all because the social worker looks like she's about to evacuate her bowels. The visit goes exceptionally well, with the modest girl getting very upset at having to leave mommy & daddy. I take this as a good sign.
I had loaded up my car with all the toys that would fit for the kids since the foster parents didn't pass any of those along either. I gave them to the social worker and promised that I would have more the following week.
1 comment:
Why did she say she takes off her clothes?
Post a Comment