Changes

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

new things

today I got my 'like new' cell phone. This is a really big deal because my cell phone is my life line. It is my computer, e-reader, gaming device, communication module, stress extractor, drool facilitator, etc. It wasn't working right, so it was just adding to the stress. Sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't. It would make calls randomly, and the calls I wanted it to make, it either wouldn't or it would only allow the other party to hear the showing I was doing at my phone, not the conversation I hoped they would hear. It would shut off, restart, start aps, quit aps all at random. There was a phantom in my phone. A phonetom.
Now that I have the new one, all of my information has been lost, but I believe in my heart of hearts that it will be worth it to have something that actually works more often than sometimes. It doesn't work right now, but I'm sure it will work at some point after my very patient husband is done reprogramming it... again... it's only been 3 attempts this evening so I'm sure it will work fine by morning. I love technology.
  My mother texted me again today. She asked if I would get swim shorts for my son and for the son of mine whom she adopted at birth. I told her that I believed that I had already given them to her, but she is sure I haven't, even though she hasn't even sorted through all the clothing I sent over. It is my small minded and spiteful opinion that if she wants to continue stabbing me in the back, I will not go out of my way to assist her in making my children enjoy her presence without a direct connection to how I have helped make it happen. I know, petty. I'm getting sick of being the bigger person when it comes to other grown ups. Does it ever end? That's rhetorical. You don't need to answer.
 As for other great new things, my husband's new car has a new car stereo and he installed it. It looks amazing, and he has his android tablet mounted inside as well, just above the stereo. He did a fantastic job.

1 comment:

Martha A. said...

The new phone and stereo sounds fun!