Changes

Thursday, August 9, 2012

What to do...

What do you do when you're out of things to write about? Do you make something up?
This week was a bit long. My neighbors are night owls, and I'm not. So I go to bed, and fall asleep. Beautiful, restful, dreamy, long awaited sleep. I get in to my incredibly strange dreams and work on figuring them out while still sleeping. this is mental work, I tell you! Within 2-3 hours, they all decide it's time to go to partay!!! They happily stagger across the noisy gravel to their chariot. Open & slam the groaning doors, giggling and cackling, then whip the beast into a pur (turn the key), which isn't loud but I'm already up, ready to start screaming from the window that some people around here aren't vampires, then they drive around the backside of the building which is under my windows. Wouldn't be so bad if the windows were closed, but it's 400 degrees inside so i leave them open. Then to add insult to fatigue, 15 minutes before my alarm goes off at 4:50, the kamikaze paperboy careens through the same path at 20 miles per minute, skidding and throwing newspapers at doors and gravel at the fence and cars sleepily dozing in their carports. Dude is horrifyingly reckless. We were running in the mornings, but he tries to run is down and circles around to make a second pass, then he ran over a kitten last week. Well, in all fairness, the lady across the street has 29 full grown cats, not including the fresh litter. I swear, if we ate cats, we would never go hungry in this neighborhood. So I haven't slept well this week. But that's ok, they moved my days off to Thursday/Friday instead of Fri/Sat, so i only had to work 4 days before getting a day to sleep in. I didn't get to sleep in though. I was up early, cleaning the kitchen, studying for my notary, and freezing. Yes, my crippled man forgot the cooler on last night, which he usually turns off around midnight, but it was hot last night. Well, I'm off to clean the tub so he can bathe, then I will go to work. :-) See? Boring! Any ideas?

No comments: