Here we are, another week has gone by. This last week has been nice and relaxing, but stressful on the business front.
First, Monday happened. Nothing really happened on Monday, if you don't count phone calls, networking and all the rest. I had my parenting class, but there is this one lady who incessantly talks the whole time, thinking we've all forgotten every last detail of her life and recaps it every week. She must engage in circular breathing-talk because she doesn't even take breaths. The teacher said I should be teaching the class, which I'll take as her being nice - I have a lot to learn. I then went home and knitted 90% of a scarf.
Tuesday - Confirmed the visit, made my rounds to apply for aid and ask for a month off my child support. I don't think I'll get it, but I didn't find out till Thursday. I am applying for medicaid because I need to get that gene test to see if I'm 'going' to get cancer like my mom. If the gene is present, I have to get a full hysterectomy immediately. As these things cost more than the $5 I have in my purse, I am seeking help. After that, I went to wrap a lady and she signed up as a loyal customer. After that, I went straight to Bible Study,then tried to come up with ideas for the visit. I also finished a scarf.
Wednesday - visit day! I also had a BNI meeting, which is always a good thing. Networking opportunity. I have one appointment I need to make, to sell wraps to a hair stylist, but it costs $40 that I don't have yet. My brother forgot to bring the girls to the visit, so S and I had the time to ourselves. It was nice. We made cinnamon waffles out of Pillsbury Orange Cinnamon Rolls, then I mixed the frosting with unflavored yogurt and blackberries and poured it all over. I was really sad that the girls missed the visit, but I will try to schedule a make-up this week. Afterwards, I had a long conversation with my brother about how things are going. They moved back into the unit they were living in when my mom was here. He said that they packed up most of his things as well as their own, and the girls were really having a hard time with the transition. A is screaming a lot and throwing tantrums, Z's appetite was affected. S is also having a hard time, but he is loving the children's hospital with all their crafts. I put them all up on my wall already. My brother says that if we can get E released to my other brother in Denver, S can move back in (they don't have room), but they are doing a homestudy right now on the brother in Denver, so it will have to wait a while.
Thursday - another BNI meeting. Lots of cards given out, no phone calls. It's typical until you get their trust to not get anywhere. But since I don't have any money right now, I'm watching all these cards (that cost me) go out with no calls in return. Then, a lady texted me and said she'd pay me double to do her bathrooms, so I set that up. Went to a friend's house to help talk through a problem (I hope I was helpful). Went to clean the bathrooms, then went home and nearly napped. Had a friend come over for a beer, and we talked politics and religion, which was fun for the mental stimulation.
Friday - went to an old friend's x-husband's house and did an estimate for him, met his family & girlfriend, and then stayed for dinner. It was nice, and I think I'll be cleaning for them this week, which helps me meet my financial goal for the week, and hopefully make up for the lack this week. :-)
Saturday - knitting with friends, lunch with a friend, and then it's such a blur, I was so tired from the week! I have been doing FlyLady to some extent (the decluttering part) so I decided to do 15 minutes in my office. It turned into 2 hours, but the office is half clean, 4 boxes of junk taken out, and my sewing box is half painted. Will post pictures when it's done! It's just like the one my grandma had, so it has a special place in my heart, although I must say I don't really need it. It will likely become a storage box for jewelry making or craft supplies. I replaced all the hardware earlier in the year, so it's very sturdy now and could stand up to kid-ness!
Today - polished the sink, did the dishes, and crochetted part of a bag until my hands hurt too much to do anymore. Now I am going to make gluten-free cookies (probably oatmeal or some such thing), and walk to k-mart to get sand paper for the outside of the sewing box.
2 comments:
It looks like you fixed the commenting thing! You know, that their is a place that easily covers the genetic testing at no cost. It was really simple to get it covered!
Was that through Myriad Testing? I did an internet search & couldn't find anyone local, just a lot in denver. I was planning a trip there this spring if I can afford it, so maybe I can just get it then.
Post a Comment