Perspective from inside the flames. An accounting of growth through the refining fire.
Changes
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Goodwill finds
Today after BNI (Business Networking International - a place where I get to network for my business with other people who know people who want my business, and they make the connection for me so I don't have to cold-call), I went over to Goodwill. I was looking for a nice wide belt to go with the 3-seam (it's actually 4) caftan dress that I made. No dice on the belt - the awesome one I found had 2 belt loops torn out. I did find a gorgeous handbag that was way overpriced (didn't buy), a bunch of perfectly colored, matching pillow cases (also didn't buy - have enough), and some furniture that I didn't really need but kind of wanted (also didn't buy). What I did buy was a crushed velvet duvet in a deep crimson color ($3.99) and 3 pairs of shoes that I can wear to work. One pair looks a lot like something you'd find at Downton Abbey; second pair, grey wing-tip flats and a pair of cork wedge sandals. Each pair of shoes would go for over $30 retail (one was new, never worn) and each pair was $3.99 or less. I feel like I totally scored. I also scored a pillow form. It's feather, and 20x20", which is awesome because the Ikea pillow forms I got a couple of weeks ago are 20x20. When I went to the fabric/craft stores, they were selling those fiberfill forms for $18 +/- and this one was only $3.99. I was pretty excited about that. I ran home, put the new duvet & pillow form on the bed, packed the kids bag for the visit tonight, and then washed the dishes. I'm pretty excited about getting my home put together for the kids for when they get home! Will update you on the visit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment