The self-fixing retreat was pretty fantastic. I made amazing breakthroughs and was honest with myself. It sounds easy to do, but often being honest with oneself is the hardest thing to do because we can't justify the actions or thoughts that we don't like. If one is committed to be honest all the time, one must alter ethics and views quite a bit to make sure everything lines up so as to prevent future dishonesty.
So the process has begun. I now look for every opportunity to have a win-win situation instead of a winner-loser situation. I now look for why I feel this way or that way while I'm in a conversation or situation. Why do I feel like they're lying? Why do I feel like I know better than everyone? Why am I not paying attention or listening the way I should? This examination process will get quicker I hope! Here goes nothing, I want to be the best parent I can, so I'm trying to figure out ways to make more money. Here's what I have so far:
Make pies
Help clean Christmas decorations (after I get back)
Extra cleaning and extra chores.
Gift Certificate sales
Donations (always welcome)
Need more ideas. I think I'm going to ask the people at bible study and church for help. I am going to ask a client for help with whom I currently have a barter situation set up, but they do the same courses and may have a credit built with them. If all those things go according to plan, I will only need another $1000 for airfare and food. I think I can do this, wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment