Changes

Friday, September 27, 2013

Wonderful days

Sometimes it is nice to get out and about and do things that are peaceful. Thursday was that day. I took a leap of faith and went out for a hike with a girl I didn't know, off a couch surfing website. She was in town for a day and wanted nothing more than to get out as her hosts were a bit home-bodied. We went to the Mica mines, but ended up derailed in a wrong turn down to Rough Canyon trail. Man, it was rough! Oh my! My body hurts a LOT today, but it was so very worth the company and the opportunity. We spoke at length about her desire to travel and not finish school because she would be forced into a degree that she wasn't sure she wanted.
Wait, you have a scholarship to a private college in San Diego and your parents are taking care of the remainder of your expenses, and you would prefer to work as a housekeeper in Alaska?
Yes.
Why...?
Well, there's this guy... and it might be good... and I want to see if it could be.
Well, ok, love makes us do really stupid things. All the stupider if it's young love. We each have a path and we walk it from birth until death. Living in fear is just as much a path as living on the edge and every variation inbetween. So one might as well live it to the degree that brings them satisfaction of some kind. Satisfaction, in turn, can look like everything from gluttony to martyrdom, choose carefully.
After the hike, I worked, then went to a training for the Harvest Ministries so that I could take care of the converts at the harvest america event on saturday. That was nice, although a girl came with her fettuccini alfredo and it made me very hungry for it!
I did an estimate that was obviously far above what the potential client could afford, and then called my dad to see if he could help with the tuition for the Klemmer event. I haven't heard back from him yet, so I'll call him tomorrow.
Today was fun! well, ok that's an overstatement. I woke early to go to a potential client's house for the wraps. We chatted for 2 1/2 hours and at the very end she finally signed up as a distributor!!! I am so excited! I am only one small order away from a bonus from my dear cousin/upline. Soon i shall qualify for a promotion which will grant me more income.
I then went and did an estimate, and the woman hired me to clean for her, which is excellent. Then I went to clean another house for a current client.
After that, I picked green beans and okra in the rain with little more than a sweatshirt to shield me, while listening to a book on my ipod. It was a lovely experience! The weather was so cold that a massive bumble bee sat on a leaf as I worked around it. Several ladybugs also hid from the rain on leaves all around me, and I considered how nice it would be to join them for some rest. I heard a strange sound behind me and turned to see a family of quail running through the garden. It was a lovely sight, and they make funny noises.

No comments: