I crunched some numbers this morning while I was standing at work, really bored as usual. If I can work for the loan company that I'm with right now for 3 hours per day and close 5 loans per month, I will be making as much as I make right now working 50-70 hrs per month. Isn't that insane???
I'm also looking for some help with business class dress code. WHERE ARE THE RULES??? I found one site that was great, it actually listed some rules, like 'the rule of 3' for jewelry. Never wear more than 3 pieces, never wear earrings and a necklace because it's all up in your face. Never wear an armband (duh, I'm not a rockstar). Another rule about jewelry was to never wear things on both wrists - it summons memories of Wonder Woman, not Professional Woman. There were all kinds of suggestions, which I found helpful for when I go shopping for clothes, and I wrote all of them down. Then there were suggestions that weren't helpful at all. The biggest 'gee thanks for nothing' tip was about suits. It said to pick classic. Ok, how classic. Like 1920's classic or 1980's? Which one is classic? I don't look good in the 20's do-up, and the 80's one is still pretty hideous in my mind. Where do I go from there? Do I just pick a decade and stick to it? Double breasted suits, and suit jackets at all for that matter, are too formal for this town, but will serve me well if I move. Is sleeveless okay now? It wasn't 10 years ago. I just don't have time to watch 'what not to wear' for the next 2 months to get all the rules!
3 comments:
There are rules....and guides. Real Simple has some good ones. http://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fashion/clothing/wardrobe-basics/dress-for-any-occassion-00000000030100/index.html
This page is awesome--I found it by looking at the sources for another article. Colors, fabrics, lengths, even purses and bags.
http://www.career.vt.edu/JobSearchGuide/BusinessCasualAttire.html
Those are great links! Ann, yours really helped with the bags/purses/accessories. Martha, I like that your link covered the extra occasions, like every other occasion!
Post a Comment