Changes

Friday, July 27, 2012

(drum roll) my birthday

Gratefully it went off without a hitch. I didn't want a lot of attention, so I only told a couple of people, and even facebook doesn't know when it really is. Had the weather been what it is now (stormy, lightening & thunder making music in the gloomy sky), it would have been the only thing possible to make the day better! First I went to work with the 'nothing can get me down' attitude. I expected to have a lot of bumps in the road being that I typically get the obligatory yet reluctant wishes from the family I don't want to hear from. Since I hadn't received them by 8am, I thought I was in the clear. Then I got one from my mom, a simple text message. I wanted to write back with, 'You got it wrong. It's 'happy birthday, sociopath.' or something chiding. The reason she sent it in the first place was for herself anyway, so any response or lack thereof would just be a call for sympathy for herself, and thus I deemed it unworthy of my attention and moved on. Next I got a job offer from my current company. It came with a .50 cent raise, which is more than normal, and a positive employment review. I told them I would think about it just to savor the moment. After work, I went to my other job where we went over details for moving the office this weekend and how we're going to step it up and make a lot of money. It puts me in a strange position though. I want to stay where the money is steady, but the opportunity for making a LOT more money is on the table if I can give it a bit more time. Interesting problem...haha. So after that I got to see my son for a while, we made a plaster cast of his hand for me to hang on the wall. It is very crumbly, so I have to find something to put on it to seal it, I suppose. He made it pink cause it's for me! (aw!) His hands were dyed pink too, though, which was just funny. After the visit, my brother said happy birthday which made me want to throw up and cry. I cried, but it felt so good to let it out for once. I feel like my delicately constructed patina is beginning to crack, which may not be a bad thing, as I mentioned yesterday. It seems more so today, but I'll have to explain later. After that, I went home, still stuffy and red, and got a call from the only person I hadn't spoken with but wanted to so desperately, and it was so refreshing! Then my husband who drives me up the wall most of the time presented me with gifts from bath & body works and we went out for a drink. We wanted to go to main street, but discovered that our children were there for farmers market (Side note: the reason we don't go anywhere is because my brother takes them everywhere, every day of the week. We can't go to parks because he rotates parks every week and I don't know when; he goes to the farmers market, the pool, etc, so we have to avoid those places due to the restraining order). We found a mexican restaurant with a bar and stopped in. The guy made me a margarita that was a LOT more powerful than your standard, and I couldn't finish it! We made our way home where my husband put P&P on (we talked of loving the works of dead authors, and what would that look like in a greek word, hence the posts on facebook), and I fell asleep before Mr. Collins made his debut. I woke up at the end of the first disc, so I know it was late. It was almost 9 pm when we started it, and I'm normally in bed before 8, so I was wiped out! Having given up caffeine, nightshades and gluten yesterday as well, it was odd to find things I could have without craving everything I can't! MMMMM, french fries, cake, banana bread, .....haha

No comments: