Perspective from inside the flames. An accounting of growth through the refining fire.
Changes
Sunday, July 15, 2012
Professional Clothes
I went to the Goodwill today and bought some clothes. It was a fun experience, I spent a couple of hours going through all the racks with very specific ideas in mind for what I wanted to accomplish (a new thing for me). What I came out with was a $6 sewing desk (a cheap melamine thing that someone painted pale yellow), 3 pairs of slacks (2 black in different styles, one grey), and 5 blouses/shirts. The blouses vary, but most have collars and buttons. A couple of them are the stretchy variety which seems to be popular. First I grabbed up 10 pairs of slacks. I found 5 that fit and narrowed it down to 4. $5 each so I decided that I already had one pair at home, herringbone. SO....now I have enough professional looking clothing to last me a week (I only had one outfit before today), and all for $41!!!!! I'm pretty excited about that! That will leave me enough to get a good pair of shoes or a bag to go with it. I don't have much appropriate jewelry or anything yet either, but that will have to wait. It's normal for people to not wear jewelry, but since none of my slacks have pockets, a purse or something will be necessary. It was fun! Thank you, friends, for the tips and links, I used their guidance and will continue as I progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment