Changes

Friday, May 25, 2012

Visit with the kids and other stuff

Yesterday I had a visit with my 6 yr old, and it was very nice! He asked for chocolate chip ice cream, cherries, which he figured out he didn't like after chomping into a pit! He seemed so confused that cherries had pits! it was quite funny, I asked him if he'd ever eaten a cherry, and he said no. Of course he has had cherries before, but I usually pitted them before hand. He also asked for chicken tenders and sweet potato fries. Unfortunately I got the wrong sweet potato fries, they were overwhelmingly spicy and even I couldn't eat them. The ice cream was the Breyers waffle cone ice cream, which was amazing, I must say. Never had it before, but I almost didn't stop eating it. Bad news considering how much I currently weigh (which is as much as I did when I was pregnant with my oldest child. ACK!)
The visit with the girls this morning was really nice too, except that one had the runs, neither would eat their breakfast, but Z got on the potty and actually went! Oh, it was so thrilling, we were all excited (including the visit facilitator and their therapist), clapping, cheering, and she was just eating it up!
I got a cleaning contract today, which is fantastic. After doing up the budget, we realized that we don't make enough now that I'm paying off the last collection from the house-fire. Until September, we will be short $200/mo. Anyway, the new cleaning client is going to provide an extra 100 per month, so we are a little closer to our goal.
Today I have the final evaluation after my mental assessment. I am not looking forward to it, but it has to be done. I did a full work up, meaning comprehension, IQ, etc. It would be nice to figure out whether I've improved since the concussion 11 years ago. I guess they are really swinging the pendulum far the other way and think it's really important to have 'brain rest' for almost a year after a concussion, where you can't use electronic devices, read, strain your eyes, watch tv, and anything that might make you think too hard. Who knows, it could kill you to think. Interesting.

No comments: