On thursday, we had the girls' birthday celebration, although their birthday was actually on saturday. It was pretty nice, even though it was captive and we couldn't give them a party. A girl i know from working at the last job makes cupcakes as a business with her mother. She made 4 beautiful pink cupcakes that were strawberry shortcake with strawberry filling and strawberry frosting with perfectly place sprinkles on top. They were great! The girls loved them - Z wanted us to feed them to her, and boy, she made a huge mess cramming them into her face! A was neat & tidy like a prissy princess, carefully consuming her cupcake delicately. Their grandfather gave them each a teddybear, a pink one and a brown one, A loved the brown one, Z loved the pink one so the decision was made without any fighting. I brought glow sticks (the kind you crack that glow in the dark) and they played for a full 30 minutes with those! Z's therapy includes getting her to say 'on' and 'off' since she just does the 'oh' sound in different variations. This ended up being fantastic because we would turn the lights on and she would yell 'OOOOVVV!' so she could play with her glow sticks in the dark! I would love to have these for every visit, but i'm sure they will get bored at some point.
Now sadly, since my phone was broken, I didn't get my reminder for my visit tomorrow with my son, and didn't confirm it, therefore it was cancelled. That makes me horribly sad and I'll be crying my eyes out tonight. I did get to see him this week because we were making up a visit for next week that we will have to skip, but I might be able to find another visitation person to do the visit with next week instead of skipping a visit...There's a thought!
3 comments:
"I want you to send my reminders to a secondary source as well as my personal phone. Let me give you a business phone number where I will be sure to get the message {insert my home number} . Thanks."
(sorry for the deleted comments--Stupid thing read the carets as html and didn't show it.)
Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, it's my calendar reminder. They don't send reminders to me. It's my bad memory that has to rely on my calendar, which wasn't working right because i threw my phone 2 days before and the new one didn't 'feel' like giving reminders (apparently it isn't an automatic setting, I had to set it up manually, which I discovered because of this event.). So I am hoping to see if i can schedule another visit with him this week. :-/
I am glad you had a nice visit with the girls!
Post a Comment