Changes

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

getting organized

I never thought it would be so difficult to get myself organized! It seems like there are always so many distractions or things I would rather be doing. Like blogging, honestly. Perhaps I need some more experience with organizing my thoughts better, though, which is part of getting organized isn't it?
The living room was first on my list, and it's looking a lot better now that I've cleared the clutter put the furniture in right places. I need to get my books from my x to fill the shelves that are in there, and then it will be done!
Next on the list is the downstairs bedroom, which is being used as my office right now. It has way too much stuff in it! all the yarn, canning, business supplies, school & art supplies, sewing, oy! It's pretty overwhelming, but I'm taking it 15 minutes at a time, just a little bit every day. Hoping that it will be cleaned by the year 2045 at that rate.
While I'm working on that, I'm doing the same approach in the dining room. It's pretty cluttered because I have 3 tall sets of shelves to hold most of the things that my old pantry was able to hold (hence the canning stuff being in the office). It's not as bad as the office, but it still needs attention! The table is my catch-all, and every day it seems to just get piled up no matter how many rules I make for myself about not putting it down, putting it away, filing it immediately instead of making a pile, putting the keys in a spot every time, the coats in the closet, etc. I think they're really good rules, and I usually stick to them, it's just when i get home, I just want to plop everything down and not deal with it anymore. I'm sure you guys don't have these problems at all! lol
I guess the upstairs would have to be taken care of soon, with the kids bedrooms, I just haven't even been able to get over the mental block of getting their things organized until I'm sure they're coming back. The sheets are still in the packages, the toys are piled up and disorderly, but I don't know that I want to get them all settled yet. I get really emotional when I go into those rooms, full of anxiety and trepidation, then I just turn around and walk out again. (sigh)
Well, speaking of getting organized, I have errands to run and things to actually accomplish today, so here I go!

No comments: